Tuesday 6 July 2021

Masking canopies

Sometimes I want a canopy in place while spraying the main colours on an aeroplane. I always like the windscreen to be glued and faired, but sometimes want the main canopy open on the finished model, but it would help to be able to paint it on the model. So how to seal your cockpit closed and prevent overspray getting inside?

The following method works for me, and I've done a simple photo essay to show how I do it. I take no credit for the technique, that belongs to, if I remember, Dave Aungst, who showed it on a forum years ago. I've not seen it much discussed since, but it does work, and I thought I'd refresh the technique for people. Enjoy!








And that's it! Try it, it really works.

TTFN!

7th July 2021 check for sequencing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Academy A-10 first steps

 So I've been waiting for this for a while, and finally picked one up this morning and started immediately.  The kit is beautifully moul...