Saturday 29 October 2022

Hamp Day Six

 A few days where little got done due to work and, on Thursday at least, extreme tiredness (I hate earlies!), but plodding through an hour or so's work per night on tidy up, seem checking and some masking and stuff. 





Obviously the engine and cowling will be popped off prior to painting! I just like adding them for pictures. The plan is to complete the model with all markings in the overall amber grey with all markings added (mainly sprayed on) and then spray the dark green mottle on top to allow it to look field applied.





I'm trying out a more complete assembly before painting here. For twenty or more years I've ribbed my good friend Craig Sargent on how incredibly complete he gets his models before painting. . . it always looks like a recipe for disaster to me, with so many fragile parts to work around. But on the other hand he is one of the very best modellers I know, so there must be SOMETHING in it, right?!? So we'll see how clumsy I am, and how much I'll break painting it!

See you after paint. . . I hope.

1 comment:

  1. My reasoning is, having seen many times how little gets removed when a real aircraft goes into a paint shop, "if they can do it with a full-size jet, sure replicating it in scale should be possible using the same logic". Every so often, that fails miserably, but the upside is not having to scrape paint or use complex setups to get parts to attach after painting. But to be fair, my completion rate is quite a bit lower than yours for possibly little to no gain.

    ReplyDelete

Academy A-10 first steps

 So I've been waiting for this for a while, and finally picked one up this morning and started immediately.  The kit is beautifully moul...